Justice & Outreach
At Community Christian Church, we are called by Jesus to serve humanity and care for God's creation. Service and outreach ministry is a large part of what our congregation does and we believe it’s important to reach out to meet the needs of others and be agents of social change by speaking for the marginalized in our community. For faith to mean something, it has to do something –
join us in walking the talk of our faith
- Stock shelves at the Southwest Ecumenical Ministries (SWEM) food cupboard each month or simply donate food.
- Contribute needed items for local teen moms.
- Buy fair trade coffee at church or join with other CCC members to support local farmers in community supported agriculture programs.
- Walk in the Pride Parade. Gay and straight join together for this walk and for the past two years, CCC has had the largest church group participating in the parade!
- Donate items for baby kits for Church World Service for overseas distribution to needy families.
- Contribute blankets, gloves, socks and towels to people in need in the community.
- Work at the Salem Soup Kitchen preparing and serving a hot meal to Rochester’s homeless.